GRIFS AG sales representatives are specialists in their field who know the principles of security operations, the latest technologies, seeking to determine the needs of their clients in detail.
Contact one of our sales representatives.
Our sales representatives will answer your questions and tell you about GRIFS AG services by phone or in person.
Apply for our services
pakalpojumu pieteikuma forma EN
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take for a GRIFS AG mobile team to arrive after a call or an alarm signal?
The mobile team’s response time depends on a number of factors. Every security company has one or two mobile team units (vehicles) per response area (e.g. Riga Centre). Each unit has its own deployment points, where their vehicles are parked between calls. However, when an alarm signal is received by the control board, the corresponding vehicle may not be at its deployment point: it might be on a call or en route. This can be the furthest point of the response area in question. Response time is also affected by factors such as the traffic in the area in question, the number of traffic lights, as well as the speed limits.
What should you keep in mind if you are planning to equip your home with an alarm system?
- Think carefully of any routes besides the entrance door that a criminal could use to break in. The back door? The balcony? Try putting yourself in the burglar’s place. How would you act? Do not leave any chances for the criminal.
- Before renovating your flat, or building your house, ask a GRIFS AG specialist about what would be necessary for securing your home. It will certainly look much more attractive without the security system cables out in the open.
- Even if you do not have a pet at the moment, you might want to get one a year later, or your children will persuade you to get one. So it might be better to spend a couple of euros more on a motion sensor that is suitable for houses with pets, instead of replacing all the sensors later.
- You might also prefer wireless equipment for your security system. Wired and wireless systems have their own advantages and disadvantages, and there might be differences in their cost. Assess this in due time.
- Before signing a contract with any security company, carefully familiarise yourself with what the company has to offer and find out what actions it takes in the case of an alarm, if its units will arrive at your home, and what your options are for obtaining information about what happens at your home.
What should I keep in mind before renovating an office, a shop, or a storage facility, which is to be provided with security later?
- Before renovating your office, shop or storage facility, consult with a GRIFS AG specialist about what would be necessary to set up security systems. The rooms will certainly look much more attractive without the security system cables out in the open.
- A high-quality security system in an office that accommodates important business documentation and computers with important data can often decide the fate of a company. Do not underestimate it!
- Do not try to decide how to save money on security on your own. If your means are limited, ask GRIFS AG specialists for advice, so that they can determine what may be omitted, and what should not.
- Before requiring your employees to register the time that they arrive at work, inquire about whether this could be done using the security system. Your employees can be assigned with their personal security codes or cards to register their arrival and signing off at work.
- Do not stay at the office to make sure that everybody has left it. GRIFS AG offers the option of sending an SMS notification about the situation at the facility at a specified time.
- Before signing a contract with any security company, carefully familiarise yourself with what the company has to offer and find out what actions it takes in the case of an alarm and what your options are to always be informed about what happens at your facility.
What should you keep in mind if an alarm system is already installed at your home?
- Do not leave the windows open or in ventilation mode, even if you live on the fifth or sixth floor. The motion sensors of the security system can sometimes trigger the alarm with the slightest of wind in the room. This makes our life, and yours, more difficult.
- If you procure a pet, warn your security company about it, because pets can cause motion sensors to trigger false alarms. Find out if the security sensors installed at your home are suitable for pets of the weight and size in question.
- If there are renovations at home, it is important to cover or switch off the sensors to protect them from dust: please inform the Response Control Unit about it. After you finish renovating, request a technical specialist to check if your security system still works.
- If you and your entire family plan to leave your flat empty for a longer period of time, notify your security company, indicating a person it can contact if necessary.
- Do not place valuable objects, such as large plasma TVs and expensive art, where they can be seen through ground floor windows. They can attract unwanted attention.
- Do not keep laptops, mobile phones and other valuable and portable items near ground floor windows. They can attract the attention of potential thieves.